Direction (Q. 1 - 5) : Rearrange the following 6 sentences 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the questions given below them.
1. “I can’t bear it !” he screamed, “I’II pay the fine.”
2. After he had received a few strokes he began to turn and twist to avoid the whip.
3. So he paid the fine and was let off, but he became the laughing-stock of the city for having taken three punishments for one crime.
4. A man was caught stealing a bag of onions and was taken to the court where the judge gave him a choice of three punishments : eat the stolen onions in one sitting; submit to a hundred lashes of the whip or pay a fine.
5. “I can’t eat the onions so give me the lashes instead,” he said.
6. The man said he would eat the onions and began confidently, but after eating a few, his eyes began to burn, his nose started running and his mouth felt as if it was on fire.
Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence in the rearrangement ?