Direction (Q. 1 - 5) :Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
1. The able bodied men of the tribe gathered to discuss how to climb the mountain.
2. As part of their plundering they kidnapped a baby of one of the families.
3. One day the mountain tribe invaded those living in the valley.
4. “We couldn’t climb the mountain. How could you?” they asked. “It wasn’t your baby!” she replied.
5. There were two tribes in the Andes - one lived in the valley and the other high up in the mountains.
6. Two days later they noticed the child’s mother coming down the mountain that they hadn’t yet figured out how to climb.
Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
Direction (Q. 6 - 10) : In each of these questions a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are numbered as (1), (2), (3) and (4). One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also accurate in the context of the sentence choose (4) i.e. All correct as answer.
Q. 1) The income /2) of many people in rural /3) India is not adequate /4) to satisfy their basic needs.